FreeRossDAO – May 20th Community Call

by | May 20, 2022

05:00 – Rename Proposal & Brand Identity
07:30 – FreeRossDAO NFT Discussion
21:00 – Auction/Donation Project
28:00 – Prop 9 Operations Proposal
42:50 – Wrapping Up


Rizzn:
Howdy, howdy everybody just getting everything set up, waiting for people to file in and we’ll get this thing kicked off this week. A lot of big news and stuff that we’re going to be going over.

Rizzn:
Bunch of newcomers this week, too. So that’s cool to see. You are approved Schlomo.

Schlomo:
How’s it going?

Rizzn:
It’s going pretty good. How are you?

Schlomo:
Doing wonderful.

Rizzn:
You were up early today.

Schlomo:
It’s up early on Fridays.

Rizzn:
You were up earlier than I normally wake you up, today.

Schlomo:
You don’t wake me up on Fridays. Fridays is an early day for me.

Rizzn:
Oh, okay. Okay. But you sent me a note right when I was waking up. So I know I knew it was definitely early for you.

Schlomo:
Oh, I got you. Definitely early for me to bother people. We have a bunch of new people. Welcome.

Rizzn:
Yeah. That’s cool to see.

Schlomo:
We’re going to get started in a couple minutes. If any of our fine dev folks want to come up on the stage, please come on up. The water’s warm.

Rizzn:
How’s it going, buttercup? I’m sure Renee’s on his way. Jess is going to be out today. And, David said that he’s got a work conflict today, so it might prevent him from coming, but here’s Renee. Wait, there we go. Approve? There we go.

Renee:
Let’s see some emoji love. Oh, I got one. Thank you Schlomo. Schlomo, you driving the ship?

Schlomo:
I mean, with you. We are copilots.

Renee:
Copilots. Okay.

Schlomo:
I don’t have a big agenda today. One thing speaking about agenda, Jinxy is spinning off a form. I just looked at it this morning. Just didn’t have time to get it out to everybody. And so we’ll have a form that everyone will just send out that people say, this is what I want to talk about to make sure we get it all in. And then we would all see this agenda at the beginning.

Rizzn:
Sorry about that, Renee. I had to resend your co-host invite. I think it may have booted you, accidentally .

Renee:
No worries. Can you all hear me now?

Schlomo:
I was going to say, I accidentally press mute everybody? I rarely do that, but I could have done that.

Rizzn:
I was mashing buttons and the transcript was obscuring the screen, so it was probably me that did that.

Renee:
Cool. Well, in terms of my agenda-

Rizzn:
Here we go.

Schlomo:
I feel we still have [inaudible 00:03:38].

Renee:
Oh, what’s that?

Schlomo:
I still feel we have some proposals flying around. We’ll talk about those.

Renee:
Sounds good. Let’s talk about the proposals and I can give you an update on the proposal that passed for brand identity and the new auction donation site.

Schlomo:
Super exciting.

Renee:
Yeah. I’d also love to hear how things are going for NFT.NYC, as it turns out, I will be there at the tail end. My dates got shifted around so I can actually be there. At least, I’m going to be third to the 26th. So I know that NFT.NYC, I think closes on the 23rd. Is that right? Schmo?

Schlomo:
Yes. We may be two ships in the night.

Renee:
Too bad. I’m getting there pretty early on the 23rd, so hopefully if there’s anything happening on that day, I can engage.

Schlomo:
At least if we could not tear down the exhibit before you come.

Renee:
Yeah. Yeah. I would love to see it and I hope we get good documentation of it as well. Regardless.

Schlomo:
That’s the plan. You want to talk about your newly passed proposal and all you doing?

Renee:
Yeah. So Prop eight passed, 95% approval. We as a community have allocated funds towards rebranding or coming up with a new brand identity for Free Ross Dow. Momentum there is Tyler Stober and Spencer from PleasrDAO, Paul earlier this week, sharing sort of the assets that PleasrDAO has, and talking through workflow and schedule for coming up with that new brand identity. Definitely want to make sure that McJay is as involved as he can be in that, as he has been shepherding the design and brand aspect of Free Ross up to now.

Renee:
And on the auction site, the proposal authorized two things: one is new brand identity. The other is to leverage the Artisan protocol, which is the other Dow that I’m a part of to build a new beautiful site for Free Ross Dow that it makes it very, very easy for anyone to donate to the Dow and in exchange, receive free tokens as well as NFTs.

Renee:
And we had a kickoff meeting with the development team that we’re working with on that, which is Linum labs. They’re this really remarkable dev shop in South Africa and London and Switzerland. And we are going to have a full product spec for that by early next week. And part of that is I want to make sure that we are talking through the specifics of how the NFT rewards/auctions will work as we’re going to need to build some new functionality specifically for the Free Ross Dow to make sure that we can handle the type of NFT, auctions and rewards that we want to. So can talk about sort of the initial ideas for how I think that’ll work now, or later, but that’s kind of the, at a high level, the overview of the prop that got passed.

Schlomo:
That’s awesome. We should probably spin out some folks who really want to get in the weeds on that.

Renee:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Happy to have whatever the community thinks is the right format and place and time to dive into that. But, basically, the cadence that we will get into in N number of weeks, I think, four weeks. So on a monthly cycle, we have a distinct donation cycle. And at the end of that donation cycle, there are certain rewards that are allocated if you’ve been a donor. And in the context of the glow in the dark animation that we’re thinking about doing an NFT series around, there’s 318 frames of that, the idea is that each one would be a unique NFT that has unique properties built into it because the frame of Ross’s face as an old man is probably cooler and maybe has more intrinsic value than a frame of, it’s all black from the inside of his head.

Renee:
Or maybe not, maybe people like that frame, but there’s unique rarity built in just because each frame would be a different part of the animation. And so, how the software works and sort of the design is when someone donates to the Free Ross Dow, they will get certain benefits and how it works in the context of Artisan is there’s a leader board every month you donate. And the person that’s on the top of the leader board wins an NFT that’s has a very high degree of rarity. So in the context of Artisan, the way that we do it is we’re commissioning artists to create new NFT artifacts that celebrate the history of art, science, and culture. And these NFT artifacts are, are minted in a collection of four. One goes to the top donor. One randomly goes to a donor at any level, so if you donate anything to the Artisan funds, you get a chance of winning one of these rare NFT artifacts, one goes to the creator themselves, and then one goes to the Artisan treasury, the Artisan Dow owns owns one.

Renee:
So, in the context of Free Ross Dow, I think we should probably consider still having that mechanism. Something that’s kind of like a one of one, so very high level of scarcity. But, the new thing is how do we do larger collections? And the way that I’m working through with our design team that I think would make good sense is we have, let’s say that 318, right? So basically we set what the mint price would be for one of those 318. So let’s say it’s, 0.2 ETH or something. So anyone that donates above 0.2 ETH will get one of those NFTs that’s in that larger collection. And we can either allow people to receive as many of those as they want, but we probably want to put a cap, like, for instance, maybe a cap of two, two to five would be what I would suggest. So for instance, if, if each one was a 0.2 ETH mint price, if you donated 0.4, then you’d receive two of those.

Renee:
And if we set the cap at two and someone donated, I don’t know, 0.6, then they’d still only get two, even though they were donating more. So, that’s how I was imagining expanding this to make it very, very easy for people who just want to donate because they believe in the cause while giving them the ability to be rewarded with these larger NFT collections.

Renee:
So, I would love any feedback. Again, we don’t have to go into super detail here. We should probably have a special breakout meeting to discuss and debate the specifics of this mechanic, but that was my first draft of how I think that could, that could work pretty well.

Schlomo:
Awesome. Does anyone have any comments or questions they want to throw into while we’re on it? Anyone in the Dow interested in even being a part of that conversation? So we make sure we get you.

Rizzn:
I mean, obviously I think I’m interested, but I happy to have as many folks in the Dow come along for that conversation.

Renee:
But some of the things I’m super pumped about is that for the Free Ross Dow, a lot of what we’re building with Artisan is making the process of donating via traditional Fiat, as simple as possible. So my hope is that we can reach out to a lot of the people who love and support Ross, but who maybe aren’t a big part of the crypto scene. And we can give them really easy avenues for having the Free Ross Dow be the first on ramp into the crypto ecosystem. So, pumped about that because I feel like Ross and his case appeal to a lot of folks, obviously in the crypto world, but also a lot of people that aren’t, and I hope we can, we can pull them in and have Free Ross Dow be the crypto pulling them. And their first Web 3 project experience,

Schlomo:
That is awesome. One thing, especially in this downturn, all of us who are involved in this space, it behooves us to figure out how to bring more people into the mix. Social impact DOWS are super important in that bridge. It’s, to me, a very safe and appropriate bridge for someone to enter the wild west of NFTs and crypto and blockchain in general. So I am into that. That’s awesome.

Renee:
And on that topic, I feel like the social impact Dow and making sure that we stay relevant in a downturn, I think it’s extra important for us to get a proposal through. Jeremy, I’m looking at you, because I know you already have a number that are in draft that are actually going to be doing real world good in the crimp system. I really feel like we have not delivered on that at all. And that’s fine. We’ve been laying the groundwork, we’ve been [inaudible 00:14:07], but if we don’t start delivering on that promise, I’ll feel like a shit head. And I don’t want to feel like a shit head.

Renee:
And I think we’ll pull in a lot more people and get them excited about this if we can show that we’re doing real world good. And, I think that’s going to be great for Ross because that’s the whole thing is we need to show that Ross and his supporters really do care about reforming the criminal justice system. So, maybe that’s a good segue to you, Jeremy.

Jeremy:
Absolutely. I’m glad you brought that up. It does seem like a lot of us have our work cut off for us in a lot of different aspects of the project. I’m excited about the proposal that you had passed. I’m pretty interested about this marketplace for a prisoner artwork and other forms of work. I Was curious about that. But as far as the legal pod or the criminal justice reform prison abolition stuff, for sure any folks are welcome to join us on the discord. We have a channel where we’ve just kind of been informally discussing current issues with regarding criminal justice in prison, various state law, federal law, a few cases. It’s kind of been informal, but we have been loosely drafting some proposals the past couple of months. But now that we have this governance structure put in place the past couple weeks with its proposal format, I think now would be the time.

Jeremy:
So, if anybody wants to get involved at this legal pod, which is the component of the project involved in criminal justice reform, please take a look at the discord. One of the things we’re thinking about doing is just, kind of like, the legal pod would be issuing various political statements here and there in response to proposed changes in the law or certain cases. And also, of course, direct stuff having to do with Ross and his clemency bid. Although, much of that is more just following the legal staff. But, that is a component, familiarizing our ourselves with the case so that we can talk intelligently about it.

Jeremy:
And then also the other committed works, our stated goals of supporting groups that are involved in this type of work. We could look at where to best apply our resources in a way that we would work with them. I think on specific projects, would be the big goal, but there’s a lot of options and I’d love to talk to people about it. I’m not particularly prepared to speak about it today, but please join us on the discord if you are interested in these topics.

Renee:
Fuck, Yeah.

Jeremy:
Awesome.

Schlomo:
Is there a time you guys meet up and talk to each other or is it like super loose on the discord?

Jeremy:
Previously, we actually had weekly calls with the Elona and Kyle, but it had been just that. So, maybe we could resume that again. But, we also have the Thursday calls, although I’ve been busy this past couple weeks, could also be brought to not just the letter writing aspect, but this kind of informal discussion in regards to that. Maybe we could do a regular criminal justice stuff thing. Maybe that is something that we should do.

Rizzn:
Absolutely

Schlomo:
Combined. And, to answer those who are listening on here, who don’t know, every Thursday, one thing we do as a community is, on Thursday evenings, we have an actual letter writing to Ross situation. That’s members of the community sit around and actually write letters to him. We show you how to get it over to him and you meet other folks in the community. It’s good seeing the other folks working, figuring out ways you could be helpful by meeting each other and how we could all help each other achieve our true goals in the Dow.

Rizzn:
And there is something of an art to getting letters through the DOP maze of regulations. And, Jeremy’s been super helpful in helping us all navigate that so he can get communication to Ross and other folks on the inside much more reliably.

Jeremy:
For sure. So if anybody’s interested, every Thursday, we meet at 8:00 PM EST, very informal hang on the discord. I also want to point out, Lynn has also been very helpful in navigating the specific prison restrictions, USB Tucson, where Ross is at. So there is a bridge that I think that we’ve successfully built. Ross is aware of our works. But, beyond that, I think also this could be a component of the project that we had also branched out a little bit. And I know we kind of informally have, but also look at other prisoner cases. I know, we talked about Jessica Reznicek last week who had a hearing this week. I had to talk about my other friend, Eric King, who had beaten the B- there’s a lot of cases that we’re loosely following. But if we’re just doing general prisoner support, political prisoner, criminal justice reform stuff, there’s a lot of areas that we could be involved in. And maybe this next month, we’ll take a closer look. So if anybody wants to formalize some of the parts of this project, please get involved, get in touch.

Renee:
That’s rad. I know on my end, I’d love to see a proposal that puts some actual dollars behind initiative to connect families with their loved ones. Because, I know that’s a big thing that Ross has cared about. And for those who don’t know, folks who are in prison are often in prison in states that are very far from where their loved ones are. So it’s a financial for them to get those visits. And those visits are a real mental health lifeline. So I’d love to see us actually do something in that arena. Because, we talked about it before. I think we’d would also be interested… I’d be interested in supporting a proposal that earmarked a certain percentage of future revenue, like from the DOW, towards stuff like that. So that we’re actually holding ourselves accountable to making sure that a meaningful share of whatever revenue we generate goes that way. So that’s where my mind’s been at in terms of proposals on that. So Jeremy, you go with whatever direction you think best, but those are the ones that I’ve been excited to see.

Jeremy:
Yeah, I do think we could actually make a very real material difference in people’s lives to alleviate some of the negative consequences imprisonment has specifically like Ross, had been a priority for him was make, like you had just said, making sure that families are able to meet with their friends and loved ones, which is very difficult, especially in the federal prison system because they definitely just send you hundreds and hundreds of miles away into states you’ve never been in the middle of nowhere and it is very difficult and expensive for folks to be able to visit a prison. So yeah, that is one of the things we’re looking at specifically. Advocacy and policy, lobbying stuff is also a component, but I’m also very interested in material ways we could support prisoners, whether that be the visits, the books, the commissary, there’s a lot of different projects, maybe art and music programs and elevating the works of prisoners, which is also fulfilled by the project that you’re talking about now, the marketplace. So I think that we really are in a good visit for that.

Renee:
I’m only cutting off because I’m so excited because this is a thing that I had meant to talk to you about had totally forgotten. So, in this new, in this new donations slash auction format that we’re building, how we do it on Artisan side is every month we’ve commissioned a new work of art. That’s sort of the top tier reward for the biggest donor. And I think we should do the same thing with Free Ross Dow, where we’re actually paying artists, or maybe if they’re out of prison, we can actually directly pay them a commission fee for creating a new work of art. [inaudible 00:21:30] I know they can’t receive money, so maybe we just donate that on the behalf of them to a charity that they care about or a cause that they care about. But having that pipeline of artists and creators who are either currently in prison or have done time in the past and building up a roster of artists that we can support by doing these commissions, I’m super excited about that. I think that’s a great way to get money in the hands of people who need it.

Renee:
It serves us because we’ve got a pipeline of cool artwork that we can have as donor rewards. I’m just super, super excited about that. So I just want to throw that out there.

Jeremy:
No, that’s excellent. I’m glad you had brought that up and in the next maybe month or two, I’m not sure what the timeline is. I haven’t completely looked over all the documents you put together for this NFT marketplace, but I’m thinking I do have a network of people I do correspond with and I think it would be useful for us to generate generic text, inviting participation in the program. And we just mass mail that to a bunch of prisoners and then see what the response. We know of course, relationships that we already have who are producing works that might be interested. It would be easier to just do one on one, but I think we could generate some mass stuff and invite people to participate and see what percolates.

Renee:
Love it, love it. In terms of timeline, end of July on the early side, August would be on the later side, and of course it’s software. So, maybe even a little bit later than that, but end of July is when I’m targeting to have this all launched and live. So, we’d need at least, a couple of pieces of artwork by, by beginning of August. So you’ve got a couple months, but not too much longer than that to get our first batch of these NFTs from prisoners. And a side note, I do think it’s really important that some of this stuff comes from Ross, but I also think it’s super important that this comes from other artists for two reasons: one is that we want this to be a bigger movement

Renee:
But the other thing is that I think it’s a heavy lift to defend the floor price of Ross’s work and that’s something that’s really important. So, it lifts a lot of the burden from us to sell other artists work because that can be whatever price it needs to be. It doesn’t have to be these massive prices. So, I think we need to hold back Ross’s artwork, do it with special moments like what Shlomo’s doing at NFT.NYC where we really like say like, “Okay, this has to sell for a high price.” Whereas we’re dealing with other artists, I think it doesn’t need to.

Jeremy:
A little bit, could go a long way. And like you said, expanding to other prisoners in the proposal, like we’re talking about other prisoners and political prisoners and stuff. Maybe that’s something that we could look at, informally, one of these hangs or something like that is lists of political prisoners. But, I do believe we should reach out beyond just ones who specifically are labeled as the political prisoners, just in the sense that Ross does have a lot of support and absolutely need to be support them. And there are other political prisoners who do have quite a bit of support, but I do think we should reach out to folks beyond just those who have been convicted of political prisoner related actions and just, because, a lot of folks are politicized within prison or, even if their crimes aren’t of a political nature, it’s still important that we support folks where they’re at. Not just because it just changes the world, man. But, I’m very excited about this project. And in the next month I’m going to be actively looking into inviting people to participate in

Renee:
Yeah. A hundred percent. I don’t think the artists that we commission work from need to be political prisoners. I think that the box should just be they’re either in prison or they’ve done time in prison. I think that gives us the room to work with.

Rizzn:
Certainly huge population to pick from.

Schlomo:
One thing I’m at is that Lynn in one of the telegram channels specifically asked that we don’t use the label political prisoner for Ross. So, I just wanted to call that out.

Jeremy:
Yeah. Is this someone we talk about now? Because this is a very big debate. A lot of people have opinions about this matter. I think we should ride with Lynn and Ross. It’s their party, of course. But, this is something maybe we talk about now or later. I don’t know.

Schlomo:
I’m not sure if we should on a public thing, I’m not speaking for them. Naynay, you could probably say if that’s a yes or no, but I feel this sort of in is an internal debate from stakeholders and it has to do with their needs. So, we probably should talk about that internally. But I’m all into people talking about it here. I’m just saying that’s my feeling. No one told me that though.

Jeremy:
Well for the NFT marketplace, I don’t think it’s necessary that we define Ross or anybody else that is submitting artwork for the marketplace as whether they are or are not a political prisoner. But I do think we should clarify this for the Dow, what would be our official way of recognizing Ross? So I do think we do need to tackle that eventually.

Schlomo:
Absolutely. I’m just going from what I’m just hearing just from yesterday about the book and… I don’t know, personally, enough information to want to talk about it publicly yet. That’s where my head’s at. Naynay, what are your feelings?

Renee:
Yeah, I think let’s have that not in a public forum, just anybody in the community on the discord I’d feel comfortable with, but just because this is being recorded and on Twitter and it’s still not entirely clear what the guardrails are for us on that.

Rizzn:
Yeah.

Jeremy:
Why don’t we, why don’t we schedule at Lynn convenience or whoever wants to speak on the legal trust’s behalf, a legal pod meeting where we can has this out internally. Would that make sense?

Schlomo:
Great next step.

Rizzn:
Yep.

Renee:
Yep.

Schlomo:
Cool. Any reason to have another meeting with Lynn I’m all down for. I haven’t talked to her since Miami.

Schlomo:
Does anyone have any comments or questions for Naynay about the proposal that just passed about branding and the marketplace and want to let us know that you want to make sure we keep you super in the loop as opposed to generally in the loop or, you know what I mean? Or we can move to the next topic.

Rizzn:
Why don’t we move on to the next topic? Unless there’s a…

Schlomo:
Yep. I’m not seeing any emoji hands or anything. All right. Awesome. That’s super exciting. What’s our next proposal that is actually in the pipeline that we are [inaudible 00:28:11] today?

Rizzn:
Well, my proposal is currently being voted on if people want to…

Schlomo:
Let’s talk about it.

Rizzn:
Vote on prop nine. It’s a nice, boring proposal that talks about the operations of the Dow and who is around, but it’s the grease that keeps the wheels turning. So, it concerns the budget for myself and Jinxy and Eric Hamilton, who will be primarily responsible for stepping in on establishing further processes and software maintenance and website development and all these things that make the engine of Free Ross Dow work. And, making sure that the trains run on time and the servers are paid for. So, not super exciting, but super essential. So if you have an opinion on that, the proposal is up on snapshot now. I can share a link to the group here, with the share a link button here in the spaces, and everybody can go look at it and vote your conscience.

Schlomo:
So we’re talking about a lot of proposals. We have some fresh faces in the room. Just want to make sure you understand. It’s very easy for you to get some governance rights, to start affecting the decision making within the Dow. All you have to do is join us, hop into the discord and start doing some of our bounties. And all of a sudden you’ll be earning free. And with free you get to now vote. Free is our governance token. And we give it to you for following the real Ross account, not our Dow account, but his actual account. We give it to you for signing the Change.org petition. And then as things go between now and our NFT drop, we are going to be increasing the amount of bounties. And we’re going to talk about why that is leading up to the mint to one, engage us collectively, put more coins into more wallets and to get more eyes onto the actual cause of joining the Dow, helping Ross’s case, and hopefully gain some eyes on the NFT all at the same time.

Renee:
One thing to add to that I’m super pumped is that if you guys get involved, if you purchase free or you earn free through bounties, that also gives you the right to draft your own governance proposals. So anybody that’s a free holder can draft a governance proposal, John, that we discussed, on a topic that you feel like is going to forward the mission of the Dow. And, we really want to encourage people that are coming to this with open hearts and the right attitude and really want to support Ross and reform the criminal justice system, for you all to actively get involved, not only in voting on these proposals, but actually drafting them. And we’re making those rails as easy and open and accessible as possible, which was the whole point of the constitution that we passed with prop seven. So, I don’t know if anybody here wants to take that step, but it’s the step I personally really want to encourage anyone that has a good idea to do.

Rizzn:
To that end, that conversation we had on, I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday. No, it was Monday. We’re almost done with all those integrations. We’re still testing some stuff, but, essentially, writing a proposal, probably by a late next week, will be as easy as filling out a form on our website.

Renee:
That’s awesome, dude. Super pumped.

Schlomo:
It’s all coming together. The good work is coming together. It’s super exciting. Since the constitution, we are now on proposal nine coming through over the last, what, two weeks? Holy moly. And like I said-

Renee:
Yeah, and we’ve got a ton of proposals that are sneaking our way through the approval process before they get to the vote. I think there’s two or three other proposals. I don’t know if anybody wants to talk about those, but maybe folks on the review council could give an update on submitted to them.

Rizzn:
Yeah, sure. So the next one is probably the NFT.NYC proposal. Then, we have a bunch of pod budget proposals as well. So, treasury pods, social pod and marketing pod which, much like the ops pods, are fairly similar to each other, but they talk about who our leaders are and what their budget needs to pay for. The NF.NYC one is probably the most unique one that’s there. Schlomo is the lead author on that, and a bunch of folks in the Dow helped him put that together, including some of the folks that helped us put together the exhibit for Bitcoin Miami back in March. The Weaver studios folks. So I don’t know if, Schlomo, you wanted to go into that now. We’ve talked about it a little bit in the last couple spaces.

Schlomo:
I feel I’ve given it a lot of time. I’m very gracious that we pushed this proposal above some of the pod operatings, because we’re literally a month out from launching the actual NYC activation and the mint. So, it’s like, maybe we should get this through. All me, because I wanted to get other stuff through first and not make this a huge priority, but now it’s that time. So I thank you all for letting it push through. I have a deck, a couple Google slides through it in general, please take a look at that. I feel it really sums up what’s going on in terms of why we’re doing each aspect and how they relate to each other and what we get in the end of it. I’m really excited more than what’s happening in New York. I’m excited that we’re going to now have a bunch of assets that could be now used to tell this story with his artwork.

Schlomo:
That’s just a lens I believe in in the world. I believe in the social power of art and the political power of art and seeing Miami, I definitely connected to it. So it’s good to get the VR version of it out so we could get it to all of our cities. I mean, I’m looking forward to having us hit up nonprofits that deal in VR and hitting him up for some Oculus 2’s and getting them into someone’s anarchist bookstore or something and sharing this story, putting it in galleries, putting it in places that people don’t think about him, but right when they will see the words, Ross Silk Road, they’ll be interested in the stories because there’s nouns they actually know in their heads. They just don’t actually know the story. And I hope this helps make that bridge.

Rizzn:
Yeah. And the NFT release, the mint pass release, I feel like it’s an expression of that story of the behind the scenes of grow in the dark kind of an NFT form. I mean, for those of us that were in Miami, we probably heard Lynn give that speech three or four times over the course of the week. And, it’s a fascinating story, especially if you’ve seen the animation in an isolated environment. I mean, it’s a touching thing. It’s hard not to be touched by it if you know anything about Ross’s story. And so, to understand like what he had to do and the work that was put into it on all the levels, the story of Schubert and growing that plant, and then all the work he did and creating the light box and getting the animation cells out in time for it to be animated and put together. The whole story is great.

Rizzn:
And, I think that, with the help of a lot of the folks in the Dow, we had a good meeting about it last night. I think this art series, this mid pass series will do a great job of telling that story to a whole new audience in New York.

Schlomo:
Well, and let me get a little degen, let me put my degen hat on here because we have some other people, and let you know, this is our first NFT drop. Everything, it will be one on one, and there’ll only be about 320 of these. We even have some special remixes done by popular artists in the space. And you’re going to get a collection of physical goods of his artwork sent to you.

Rizzn:
Right.

Schlomo:
Big deal. I think this is really interesting. I think we will have definitely more than 300 people interested. We’re looking at going for 0.3, Ethereum for it. Sounds like a lot, but it’s because you’re helping the world. Right? And you’re going to get a collection of stuff. It’s not there for you to pump and dump. You’re actually going to get a piece of history and you’ll see how this artwork gets recontextualized through the years to show how powerful this animation is. And this is just one of the first Salvos to get ownership of that in a way that no one else will.

Schlomo:
I think it’s totally fascinating, what’s going to happen with it. And it’s that story that, I hope, will really be telling. Speaking of, we talked about our governance token free, and now we’re talking about the NFT. We will be having an allow list because there’s only, like, 300 of them. And the first people getting on the allow list will be people who need to have X amount of free in their wallet. Which, honestly, I don’t mind asking for, because we have bounties to have you get free without paying for it to get on the allow list. I want everyone. We are going to get people involved in Ross’s way in more ways than one. I’m super excited to do this. End rant. That’s my rant.

Renee:
Can you give me a little better sense and give everyone on the call a little better sense of the mechanics? Where will this NFT drop be happening? Is it going to happen on a website or are we partnering with someone else?

Schlomo:
The worst part about it, we originally had a dow that was making a marketplace and was going throw marketing money behind it. They won’t be ready in time. So now we’re reaching out and figuring out where to have this done.

Rizzn:
Likely going to be using a launch partner called Veris art. We haven’t finalized that deal yet, but they’ve done a bunch of high profile mint projects. And the price is right on their partnership arrangement.

Schlomo:
That is true. So that deal is done, totally signed, but the one we actually thought was going to happen, that’s why we’re now shifting it. And that’s why we haven’t announced it.

Renee:
Cool. Good to know.

Schlomo:
Yep. But anything you want to know, I’ll tell you all in the DM’s by DM’s I mean, in general on discord, right? I’m not trying to go super, but just join our discord. We’ll tell you all the alpha that we know name wise there, just not on this recorded space.

Rizzn:
You want to do like an AMA or something for it maybe next week on the discord?

Schlomo:
Yep. Honestly, the reason why we’re not doing it sort of thing today is because the proposal has not passed yet. And I don’t want to start making an omelet until I have the eggs. Right?

Rizzn:
Yeah. That’s fair.

Schlomo:
Right. But the first, second, this thing passes, you guys are going to see a series of spaces that we’re going to do, series of ones. We’re going to go guest on others. That whole machine gets going. And I hope you’re all along for the ride, because we are going to need us to tell them how awesome it is to be a part of it. Does anyone have any questions or comments about anything we’ve been talking about today? Because it’s getting to 10:40. I don’t want to keep us here forever, but we’re here for a…

Jeremy:
I have a quick question about the VR thing. I did see that the assets are going to be released for the public for use, but I was just curious whether the VR solitary experience itself is going to be downloadable for other folks to run on their own rifts. Or are we just going to have the special four touring presentations or whatever.

Schlomo:
Two things. One, those 3D assets that are built is things that are being used for the VR, but also, people want to make a thing for, let’s say, decentral land and other metaverses people, on a project basis, would be able to ask for those assets to build. That’s costing us like 30 grand to do. No one will do that unless we do it. And so now we’ll be enabling people to put it into other places in a frictionless way. So, that’s one thing. To the VR thing, anything. Put it online for free, but also, put it on the road. Because, the thing on the road, if you look in the proposal, has the sink toilet combo from the prison, things on walls, right? You’re going into an actual physical environment and then putting on the headset and getting the VR situation.

Schlomo:
The VR situation, absolutely, I want to just be downloadable for you, for all of us just to use. It’s there for us. But when you talk about the 3D assets, if you want to have Schubert be in a lens on Instagram where you just put it on Instagram and you see Schubert six feet high, wherever you want as a fun thing, it will now be buildable for someone without them having to build these assets. We get a lot of nodes for creation for other people to do.

Jeremy:
I just can’t wait to get back in that cell.

Schlomo:
I know. I saw you cracked a tear when we had it in Miami.

Jeremy:
Might have to get in Oculus.

Schlomo:
Yep. I mean, I don’t own one either. I’ll knock on my neighbor’s door. Anyone have any comments or questions? Good to wrap up if you all are.

Jeremy:
Definitely.

Renee:
Sounds good. Yeah. Thank you all for joining and excited to see all the momentum. It really feels like we’ve picked up some speed and a lot of really exciting things coming down the pipeline.

Rizzn:
Absolutely. Thanks everybody for joining us today.

Schlomo:
Thank you. Free Ross and have a good Free Ross Friday.

Rizzn:
Free Ross Friday.

Jeremy:
Hey Ross.

by | May 20, 2022 | community call, media | 0 comments

FreeRossDAO – June 10th Community Call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOFotnYnmQ 02:50 - Start04:00 - Community Updates11:45 - VR Experience Updates22:15 - NFT Marketplace...

FreeRossDAO – June 2nd Community Call

https://youtu.be/3BPENQZTXhE 03:30 - Start06:00 - General Community Updates & Bounties20:00 - New Business35:00 - NFT Projects...

FreeRossDAO – April 15th Community Call Transcript

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f0ZbchJpVU 0:00:00 - Start0:15:30 - Name Change Survey0:37:50 - Governance Proposal0:59:00 - Treasury...